Saturday 16 November 2013

Piri Paprika Roast Pork

This is an easy way to get some real flavour out of a joint of pork. 

All you need is some piri piri mix and smoked paprika - both bought from the nut & spice stall in Coventry Market. 

I used a cast iron casserole pan, in which I heated some bacon fat. I cut the skin and fat off the pork, for crackling, and then put the pork into the hot fat. 

I sprinkled the spices generously over the pork, turned it and did the same to the underneath. All you need to do then is keep turning it in the fat so it's well coated in the flavours. Then pop it into a pre-heated oven. 

The crackling is also straightforward. Cut some deep grooves in the skin and coat with oil and salt. I also applied some piri piri and some smoked paprika. Put it on a grill and over the pork. Cook per the size of pork and until the crackling is ready to go. 

Nicest pork I've tasted for ages. 


No comments:

Post a Comment